Belt sanders can be used for a variety of jobs and can make your projects faster and easier to complete.
Because they’re meant to be used on large, flat surfaces, belt sanders can refinish wood or metal cabinets, tables, and floors quickly and effectively. Just remember to use the right grit sandpaper.
With sandpaper, the higher the number, the finer the grit. So, if you’re trying to remove stain, polyurethane, or layers of paint, go for a heavy grit like 60. If you’re sanding a cabinet, shelf, or anything that’s unfinished, go with a medium or fine grit between 100 and 200.
Here are the best belt sanders for mulching leaves you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: 3"X21" BELT SANDER- VARIABLE SPEED DUSTLESS
- Runner Up: TACKLIFE Belt Sander 3×18-Inch
- Best Value: Makita 9403 4" X 24" Belt Sander
- Most Powerful: Metabo HPT Belt Sander
- Lightest: WEN 6321 Corded Belt Sander with Dust Bag
- Best Pressure Control: SKIL 7510-01 Sandcat Belt Sander with Pressure Control
1. Best Overall: 3"X21" BELT SANDER- VARIABLE SPEED DUSTLESS
This product combines power and speed with ease-of-use features and less noise for fast and efficient stock removal. The product is ideal for woodworkers, carpenters, furniture makers, floor installers, deck builders and general contractors who require a best-in-class belt sander.
It also features less noise: at only 84dB, it is one of the quietest sanders in its class. Ease-of-use features include an auto-tracking belt system that tracks the belt without adjustment, and a front grip for comfortable operation. The low profile design provides better balance, and the extended base allows sanding flush to wall with nose and side of sander.
3"X21" BELT SANDER- VARIABLE SPEED DUSTLESS Specification
3” * 21”
- Operates without making a loud noise
- Easy to keep dust out of the work area
- Equipped with a long power cord
- Dust bag attachment can easily fall off
- Can bog down in some instances
Verdict: It is a lightweight and portable choice. This is perfect even if you frequently sand outside of your home.
2. Runner Up: TACKLIFE Belt Sander 3×18-Inch
The Tacklife PSFS1A 3”x 18” Belt Sander features a 5-Amp motor to tackle a range of tough jobs. Come with two screw clamps to make it perform as a sand platform when flipped over. An efficient dust collection system collects 90% of the dusts to keep the job area tidy. New and improved overmold handle for optimum grip and user comfort while low-profile design reduces user fatigue.
TACKLIFE Belt Sander 3×18-Inch Specification
3” * 18”
- Easy to replace straps
- Easy to use
- Drive belt is easily broken
Verdict: This is a highly rated product for easy belt replacement and is equipped with a dust box that also collects good dust.
3. Best Value: Makita 9403 4" X 24" Belt Sander
The extended base of this double-insulated, Makita 4” x 24” belt sander allows flush sanding for any number of projects. The wide 4” belt allows users to remove a lot of material at once but you won’t go deaf using it thanks to the 84 dB that keep the noise level down.
This sander is the quietest in its class. The large front grip is comfortable to use and control with an easy lever control that makes changing sanding belts simple, fast and easy.
The whole sander only weighs 13 pounds and provides a speed of 1640 feet per minute so you can get jobs done quickly.
The ceramic wear plate is replaceable and eliminates long maintenance periods. The low profile gives the sander balance and reduces gouging. The labyrinth construction seals the motor and bearings and protects them from sawdust.
Dust will be kept to a minimum with the attached, cloth dust bag that swivels 360 degrees.
Makita 9403 4" X 24" Belt Sander Specification
4” * 24”
- Easy to use
- Quiet operation
Verdict: This belt sander is one of the fastest devices in this list. Another reason why you should opt for this sander is that it has a quiet sound.
4. Most Powerful: Metabo HPT Belt Sander
The product comes with a powerful 9 amp motor for high performance on the job. It offers more visibility of the surface with its clear tracking window while adding comfort with soft, ergonomic grips for long periods of use. Equipped with a left mounted dust bag for clean up and flush surface design for quick and even sanding, this sander can handle any job thrown its way.
A 9 amp motor delivers high performance. Lightweight, compact design for reduced fatigue and improved control. Left side mounted dust collection bag reduces airborne particles. Tracking window improves visibility of surface and sanding belt. Soft, elastomer grips for a comfortable and secure hold. Flush surface for quick and even sanding. Wear resistant V-Belt drives sander for double service life.
Metabo HPT Belt Sander Specification
3” * 21”
- Great forced labor
- Easy to use
- The belt is prone to tearing
Verdict: Products have an average life of 2 times longer than conventional products thanks to the wear-resistant V-belt.
5. Lightest: WEN 6321 Corded Belt Sander with Dust Bag
The machine has an easy-to-change sanding belt which allows you to quickly release and adjust the grits and makes changing the sandpaper easier. It has a spacious dust bag which catches any of the dust or residue that flies off your project. It has an extended front roller which hangs over the body of the sander and can help you reach into tight corners and narrow spaces.
SKIL 7510-01 Sandcat Belt Sander with Pressure Control Specification
3” * 21”
- Great value compared with similar belt sanders
- Easy to use
- No bag or case for storage
- No adjustable handle (trade-off is the lower price)
- The dust collector is quickly clogged
Verdict: The product can help debur jagged splinters, finish edges, and strip paint from many surfaces.
6. Best Pressure Control: SKIL 7510-01 Sandcat Belt Sander with Pressure Control
The Skil 7510-01 is a 3-by-18-inch belt sander that has a pressure-control feedback system and a micro-filtration system, designed to capture fine dust particles.
The automatic pressure-control feedback system sets this model apart from others. As you use the machine, the pressure-control technology will monitor your sanding pressure. An indicator lights up when the right amount of pressure is applied, removing some guesswork from your sanding projects. With other belt sanders, you must use your own judgment about the amount of pressure you should apply, which could give you sub-par results.
SKIL 7510-01 Sandcat Belt Sander with Pressure Control Specification
3” * 18”
- Pressure Control Technology
- Auto-track System
- Micro-filtration system
- Shortlife span
Verdict: At an affordable price, the product has almost all the necessary functions of the belt sanding machine.
Buying Guide for Sander for deck and woodworking
Sanding wood is a time-consuming job. However, if you want to achieve a good end for your products then you should spend more time on your woodworking job. However, today this is easier and more economical for this job while still bringing high aesthetic value. So to choose the appropriate sanding machine, you need to rely on what criteria, let us help you!
Which type of sander?
- Belt sander: Belt sanders are the rough guys in a woodworking shop. Belt sander design allows them to remove large amounts of material in a very short time.
Belt sanders work on a continuous loop principle. it is highly effective tools for removing roughness and preparing woodwork for less aggressive tools in the process like random orbit and finishing sanders.
It is essential to size your belt sander to fit your needs.
- Orbital Sander: Orbital sanders are versatile. These will polish a piece of wood to give the same brightness as a well-finished sanding machine.
Another advantage of orbital sanding machines is their one-hand operation, as opposed to requiring both hands as belt scrubbers.
- Air Sander: Air sander is generally lighter. After all, there was no motor. As a result, they can also be quieter and more lasting. The tools are usually much cheaper. However, the downside of the air sander is the dust collector. It is often congested
Sanding space size
This is no general tool review, where we tell you that an honest appraisal of what you need it for is your first step. We’ve established that you need a sander for your deck. So, the question becomes: what, honestly, do you need this for?
Not all decks are created equally. Some decks have odd-shaped corners and differences in design. If you have detail work, you’re going to want a sander that accommodates it. If you like monotonous looking things, you’ll want a model that delivers speed and power while giving short shrift to versatility.
Getting a decent sander doesn’t mean emptying out your bank account. You can get decent quality at a pretty reasonable price, especially if deck sanding is all you’re going to do with it. Sometimes we’d suggest looking in the middle to match quality and price, but we found that the middle ground on sanders doesn’t offer great value.
It’s difficult to recommend the best sander for furniture because there are so many different applications. With a different wood product, there will be different criteria to choose different sanding products.
- Cabinetry making: There is a difference between furniture making and cabinet making. There is little difference between sanding requirements, though, and you will likely use both belt sanders and sheet finishing sanders.
- Stair construction: This skill requires a large amount of sanding, with particular attention to speed and smoothness. Here, the wireless random orbital sander is irreplaceable.
- Toy production: Good work like making toys requires unique tools like disc grinding or palm sanders.
What to pay attention to when choosing a sander?
Whether you choose a belt sander, an orbital sander, or an air sander, you should keep the following in mind so that you can choose the right sander for your wood products.
- Hand grips: Powerful sanders have heavy vibration, while small sanders need intricate control to avoid damaging fine details.
- Soft grips make it much easier to hold and control your sander.
- Dust collection: Creating dust when sanding is inevitable. However, choose a product with a good dust collection system to avoid interrupting the finishing process of your wood product.
- Speed: Speed is important for finishing your product well or not. For products with large cross section, you need with a strong speed, fast and decisively. And for those products that need meticulous details, you need a softer and softer speed.
Popular Brands for Belt Sander
Makita: The Makita U.S.A., Inc. Head Office is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S. The Makita Corporation of America is located in Buford, Georgia, and is part of a global Makita network of ten manufacturing and assembly plants that is the source of Makita products used on job sites around the world. The product development team works closely with engineers on job sites to develop products that exceed the demands of the American contractor. Makita U.S.A., Inc. operates warehouse and distribution facilities in La Mirada and Buford, as well as Mt. Prospect, Illinois and Wilmer, Texas. Buford and Wilmer are also the locations of Makita University, a hands-on educational experience where contractors and dealers can learn the latest technologies, products and applications.
Hitachi: Hitachi, Ltd. Japan country is located in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. Hitachi, Ltd. is the parent company of Hitachi Group.
In 2007, Hitachi was voted by Forbes magazine as number 371 among the largest companies (corporations) in the world.Hitachi was founded in 1910, when it was just an electrical repair shop. Today, Hitachi has become one of the leading manufacturers in new technology.
WEN Products: Founded by Nick Anton back in 1951, WEN originally made its mark by helping bring tools and electricity together (putting the power into power tools). Our research and development team played a vital role in helping to develop a variety of common everyday tools such as the chainsaw, the electric soldering gun, the electric jigsaw, the electric engraver, and the knife and wet wheel sharpeners. WEN even pioneered random orbital technology; the technology seen in most polishers, waxers, and buffers today that gives cars everywhere the streak free shine they deserve.
SKIL: The company now focuses more on the do-it-yourself consumer, but at one time made professional construction-grade power tools, which are now being sold under their subsidiary, SKILSAW.
Skil products include circular saws, cordless drill/drivers, cordless screw drivers, cordless tackers, cordless sealant guns, belt sanders, random orbit sanders, multi-sanders, angle grinders, hammers, drills, mixers, jig saws, lasers and measuring tools, reciprocating saws, routers, and planers.
TACKLIFE - THE FUTURE OF TOOL: Tacklife aims to manufacture the best products that inspire our consumers to live a more convenient, secure lifestyle. Today, Tacklife has six ranges of products within Test,Measure&Inspect, Power Tools, Hand Tools, Automotive Tools, Lawn&Garden, Home Appliances. And we do sell our products on All the world.
We strongly recommend using a belt sander to complete the deck. With the above choices, have you got any choice?