As the name suggests, Tripod is a three-legged stand that provides a foundation for a variety of laser levels. For various styles of building projects, engineers need to define standards of specific materials, with which skilled laser standards are required.
The tripod helps to keep the laser level balanced and focused. Similar laser level tripods may be equipped with line laser standard, builder stage, rotary laser standard, automated laser level, and more. These are highly portable equipment that can be easily transported from one site to another. Typically, tripods can be used with a combination of a laser level or some other form of leveling tool.
This article will show you the list of the best laser-level tripods that you can consider!
Here are some of the best laser level tripods available in the market:
Here are the best laser level tripods you can buy in 2023:
- Best Overall: Bosch BT160 Aluminum Laser Level Tripod
- Runner Up: DeWalt DW0737 Laser Level Tripod
- Best Value: Bosch BT150 Compact Laser Level Tripod
- Premium Choice: PLS Elevator Laser Level Tripod
- Best Heavy Duty: Bosch BT300 Aluminum Quick Clamp Laser Level Tripod
- Lightest: Johnson Level & Tool 40-6340 Laser Level Tripod
- Best Versatile: Huepar TPD14 Adjustable Laser Level Tripod
|7 Best Laser Level Tripods|
|Bosch BT160 Aluminum Laser Level Tripod|
|DeWalt DW0737 Laser Level Tripod|
|Bosch BT150 Compact Laser Level Tripod|
|PLS Elevator Laser Level Tripod|
Best Heavy Duty
|Bosch BT300 Aluminum Quick Clamp Laser Level Tripod|
|Johnson Level & Tool 40-6340 Laser Level Tripod|
|Huepar TPD14 Adjustable Laser Level Tripod|
Best Overall: Bosch BT160 Aluminum Laser Level Tripod
- It guarantees high stability and extendable height.
- Wide feet for impressive support for the laser level
- The plastic clamps that secure the legs can cause concern about its durability.
Bosch BT160 Alum Fast Clamp Laser Level Tripod is a really successful product launched by Bosch. This tripod has been designed to work both indoors and outdoors. When working outside, simply place the sharp metal feet into the soft dirt to create a firm platform. When working indoors, you can retract the pointed feet to avoid causing damage while maintaining a sturdy platform.
The tripod is known for its workmanship and innovative functionality, Bosch built this tripod to offer longevity. The full aluminum has been electrostatically powder-coated, ensuring that this Bosch tripod maintains its good looks for a long time, even when used in severe construction conditions.
That sets it apart from the other models present on the market: it provides high-level user-friendliness and is suitable for indoor and outdoor ventures. Being a lightweight device, it's simple to carry and transport the tripod.
|Bosch BT160 Aluminum Laser Level Tripod Specifications|
40.5 x 7 x 7 inches
The supplier has ensured that you can use the Bosch BT160 tripod for both outdoor and indoor use.
Runner Up: DeWalt DW0737 Laser Level Tripod
- Lightweight with aluminum frame
- Fast and easy setup, even for newbies
- Compact size
- The feet work well to provide impressive stability
- It has some plastic parts that reduce toughness
- Low maximum height
The DEWALT DW0737 Heavy-Duty Laser Level Tripod has a lightweight structure of just 8.1 pounds thanks to the aluminum base. Such a lightweight tool makes it simple to travel between various job sites anytime you choose. It will also be simpler to set up because it is lightweight, making it convenient to set up a single user. In general, it is a simple laser level tripod to use for different tasks in the office.
The DeWalt laser level tripod can be extended from 38 to 60 inches in height. You should switch to whatever height you know is perfect for your submission. Since it can be modified to a small height, it should be simple to fit into your car without taking up a ton of room. The tool comes with fast-release legs that will save you a lot of time when you fold it down to the default height. You may use an extra lock to stretch or remove the legs easily.
|DeWalt DW0737 Laser Level Tripod Specifications|
49 x 7.5 x 8 inches
If you are looking for an affordable, durable laser level tripod, DEWALT DW0737 Laser Level Tripod is one of the best choices to purchase
Best Value: Bosch BT150 Compact Laser Level Tripod
- With collapsible legs, the tripod can be folded and stored for easy transportation.
- Compatible with a variety of laser levels.
- Being lightweight, it might not offer as much stability as its heavier counterparts.
If it comes to consistency and reliability, there is no competition for Bosch items. Bosch BT 150 Lightweight Compact Laser Level Tripod continues its reputation with its stunning style and newly integrated functionality.
Printed in black, the tripod is very user-friendly and provides various rates of adjustment. Because it is compact and lightweight, the tripod boosts ease of maneuver. This enhances Bosch's market image and guarantees the stability of operation at the most worthwhile costs. It is one of the most commonly used tripods for a variety of projects, recommended by experts.
|Bosch BT150 Compact Laser Level Tripod Specifications|
23 x 4.5 x 4.25 inches
Corded – electric
It is one of the most commonly used tripods for a variety of projects.
Premium Choice: PLS Elevator Laser Level Tripod
- It comes with a carry case which makes it easy to carry.
- Sturdy and lightweight which makes it the first choice of experts.
- The tripod boasts a poor finish in terms of appearance.
The Pacific Laser Systems Laser Level Tripod is designed to operate not It is one of the most commonly used tripods for a variety of projects just for other forms of PLS lasers but also for many laser-level optical sizes, due to the capacity to install all 5/8-in by 11 and 1/4-in by 20 lasers. That has helped other people save time to use it on other things.
The excellent height improvement from 26 inches to 114 inches also allowed the PLS elevator to operate. It comes with rubber legs, making it great for indoor work. You don't have to worry about scratching your slick surface inside, as the rubber on your legs does a great job.
|PLS Elevator Laser Level Tripod Specifications|
8.3 x 6.2 x 28.2 inches
If you need a swift and highly extendable tripod for your projects, PLS Elevator Laser Level Tripod is for you.
Best Heavy Duty: Bosch BT300 Aluminum Quick Clamp Laser Level Tripod
- The swivel head makes position adjustments without the need to shift the entire machine.
- Quick-release clamps allow the legs easy to switch.
- The plate on the mounting head is wide and can obstruct the vertical or plumbing laser on smaller versions.
This Bosch is a serious device. The height can be adjusted from 47 to 110 inches by way of heavy-duty aluminum legs and a middle elevator. The swivel head has a 5/8-inch thread and a good tightening mechanism to ensure that the level remains stable at any height.
It's small enough to carry safely and comes with a shoulder harness at just 16 lbs. A useful, value-added function of this platform is a plumb bob brace. It makes it easy to ensure that the tripod is straight, both vertically and horizontally.
|Bosch BT300 Aluminum Quick Clamp Laser Level Tripod Specifications|
49.75 x 7.5 x 7.5 inches
This makes it easier to ensure our tripod is level both vertically and horizontally.
Lightest: Johnson Level & Tool 40-6340 Laser Level Tripod
- Sharp metal points on the feet deliver stability for uneven surfaces
- Strong legs that offer support
- Easy height adjustable
- The light weight of only 2.4 pounds
- Lack of carrying case
The first aspect that makes the Johnson laser level tripod robust is the aluminum structure. Despite its lightweight design, it can also add a ton of weight to the device while holding it. The maker has supplied a loop that made it easier to attach to the laser stage. Simply install it and fasten it with a cord. The legs of the Johnson 40-6340 Tripod should be extended out sufficiently to have the maximum protection you can for the laser to perform on straight lines.
There is also the use of chains to keep the legs from sliding more until they are all secured. The extra heavy-duty conveyor belt allows it convenient to carry the tripod to the various job sites that need it. The legs have hard metal points and are very effective in the event of muddy outdoor environments. These may be removed to give way to rubber covers for asphalt or other slippery surfaces.
|Johnson Level & Tool 40-6340 Laser Level Tripod Specifications|
41.88 x 8.13 x 7 inches
It's convenient for moving.
Best Versatile: Huepar TPD14 56 inches Adjustable Laser Level Tripod
- Portable and compact design
- Easy height adjustable
- Little wobbly when using a laser level
Huepar TPD14 56" Adjustable Laser Level Tripod is one of the high-light products in this list. Its feature is the adjustable 4-section legs and center column. It has four-section legs with a height adjustment buckle, an extended center column to meet user needs height range is from 0.48M to 1.43M. The load capacity can be up to 10kg.
Huepar TPD14 56" Adjustable Laser Level Tripod is made of an anodized aluminum tube (max dize 23Mm) and ABS environmental plastic, which is extremely sturdy. For further stability, the center column and center braces are made of aluminum.
Besides, the tripod provides a 3-Way flexible pan head. It means that panoramas with 360-degree rotation are available, allowing users to rotate horizontally and vertically at any angle. A single positioning arm and a separate knob regulate the tripod head's movement, which allows for 90° vertical tilts. We can use the built-in bubble view level to modify the angle and accuracy.
Huepar TPD14 is designed with lightweight but durable features, with a net weight of only 1.16kg that is easy for users to carry everywhere. Moreover, it includes a storage bag to transport.
|Huepar TPD14 56" Adjustable Laser Level Tripod Specifications|
20.2 x 4.5 x 4.3 inches
|Min Height||18.6 inches|
|Max Height||56.3 inches|
Aluminum, ABS environmental plastic
It's reasonably well made and works well with other laser levels.
1. Do I need a tripod for the laser level?
Yes. Tripod for laser level makes your measurement more accurate than ever.
A tripod is a three-legged stand used to support laser levels and other leveling instruments such as rotary laser levels, line laser levels, dot laser levels, builder's levels, transit levels, automated levels, and torpedo laser levels.
A portable three-legged device that provides stability along both the horizontal and vertical axis of motion is a laser level tripod. A tripod increases the precision of laser lines and, as a result, the quality of the finished project by keeping your laser level fixed and "on the level." Tripods also allow you to raise or lower your laser level into positions that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to reach. There are two different kinds of tripods:
- Adjustable-Leg Tripods: Because of the uneven terrain, adjustable-leg tripods are the more prevalent of the two in the construction business. Each leg can be changed to the exact height needed to find level, even on a very steep slope, the adjustable-leg tripod is easy to set up on uneven ground. The retractable legs of the adjustable-leg tripod make it easy to transport.
- Fixed-Leg Tripods: The legs of a fixed-leg tripod are always the same length. But it is not common now, the adjustable-leg tripod is increasingly replacing these tripods.
2. What is the bubble level on a tripod?
A tripod bubble level is a leveling device that shows how straight a tripod is when it is set up. You may ensure that the tripod head is perpendicular to the ground by aligning the bubble to the center. This ensures that your tripod is adequately balanced and that your photos' horizon lines seem straight.
Bubble levels have a lot more to them than meets the eye. Continue reading to learn about the various types of tripod levels and how to use them to take perfectly straight photos. There are two types of tripod bubble level:
- The Base Level: The base and the head of your tripod are made up of two independent pieces. Only the tripod legs and the middle post make up the base. This is the key section you need to alter during leveling because it supports the weight of your camera.
On the tripod, there is normally a little circular bubble level at the top of the base where the legs converge. This level, which is usually a highlighter color, ensures that the tripod's center post is at a 90 angle or straight up from the ground. A flat base not only makes it easy to align your camera but also distributes the weight of the camera evenly overall the legs.
- The Head Level: The head is the second component of your tripod. This is where your camera really connects and where you change the composition of your images. The second place you'll likely see a bubble level is on your tripod head.
For most photographic tripods, there will be two different levels on the head. One is for horizontal leveling and the other is for vertical leveling. That way, whether you're shooting in portrait or landscape mode, you'll have an appropriate bubble level to reference.
- The Base Plate Level: On some tripods, the level is now located on the base plate rather than on the tripod head. The base plate is a compact metal or plastic attachment that attaches to the tripod head and screws into the bottom of your camera.
The tripod bubble level acts as the other types, despite its slightly altered placement. If the bubble level is centered, just like previously, you know your shot will be completely straight.
3. How do you set up a tripod level?
There are 6 steps to set up a tripod level.
- Step 1: Carefully pull the legs apart and space them in the shape of an equilateral triangle. It is preferable to tighten the tripod strap using the adjustment on the strap when storing the tripod. If the strap is excessively tight, you should loosen it first before unbuckling it.
- Step 2: The points on each tripod leg should be driven into the ground with the tripod legs spaced apart to produce a solid, secure support system for the tripod.
Step 3: Adjust the head to create a flat surface before adding any type of laser level or measurement tool to ensure the tripod is level.
Step 4: After the tripod's head is leveled, the legs must be properly seated. Legs should never be bent.
Step 5: Gently press the legs into the ground at an angle.
Step 6: Make that the legs of an adjustable-leg tripod are secured at the correct height for the user.
4. How To Use a Laser Level with a Tripod?
There are 5 steps to use a laser level with a tripod.
- Step 1: Place the tripod on top of the laser level.
- Step 2: In case your instrument is auto-level, you won't need to calibrate it. The most precise way is to use a laser with auto-leveling. If you need to make your own calibration, use the spirit tube and bubble, just like you would with a regular level.
- Step 3: You won't be able to see the laser if you use the level in direct sunlight. To locate the laser line, use the beep feature. When you come into contact with the laser, it will beep.
- Step 4: Use the laser line to make marks where you need them before you start working. You'll need these marks as a guide.
- Step 5: When you're finished, turn off the laser level.
How To Choose The Best Laser Level Tripod?
There are various tripods available on the market that vary in size. And, to limit the quest, you need to set up a budget before you reach the sector. The budget may be defined on the basis of your affordability as well as the capacity level of the tripod you are willing to buy. When you're a specialist, you'll need a top-quality tripod accessible at a reasonable price.
The following are the most used tripod leg materials:
Steel is the most durable, but it is also the heaviest option. Meanwhile, Aluminum is a lightweight and durable material. Wood or fiberglass legs are the most accurate materials for tripod legs due to their lack of sensitivity to temperature fluctuations.
But, the most common is aluminum. Aluminum tripods for laser intensity are the most popular today. It is because the aluminum coating has proven to be outstanding in terms of toughness for both outdoor and indoor use. The main problem with using aluminum is that often the metal seems flimsy and not solid enough.
When you want to use fiberglass tripods, you need to take good care of them. We might require some care to stop damaging them. Fiberglass tripods are often considered to be very costly for most contractors.
Thanks to the technology, any new version of the tripods comes with new and updated technology. A variety of characteristics render one tripod special from another, from rigid legs to stretchable legs and flathead to multi-fitting eyes. You ought to analyze your project requirements and purchase what fits your needs.
Tripods are developed for a variety of applications. Tripods with anti-rubber padding, for example, are ideal for both inside and outdoor use. Outdoor laser level use is the sole purpose of tripods with pointed feet. Before buying Tripod for laser level, be sure that your needs and the environment in which you'll be working are compatible with the tripod's capabilities.
Tripod Care Tips
Tripod is simple to use and maintain. Users don't have to spend lots of time maintaining it after a long day of using them. However, we also need to take care of them. Fortunately, we don't need any special equipment to clean and maintain them.
The first thing a manufacturer recommends is washing the tripod before storing it away, so wipe down any muck that has accumulated on it throughout the day. This helps to prevent damage and corrosion.
Corrosion is unpleasant, and when it occurs, it usually signifies the end of your pricey machinery. If you're unsure how to clean a tripod, consult the user manual's supplementary material, as it normally contains information regarding tripod care suggestions from the manufacturer. Any concerns that may happen during your warranty period should be resolved if you follow them carefully.
Tripod safety guide
Here are some tips you can follow to keep your health and your tripod 100% perfect.
- Never look into the laser; it might cause serious eye injury.
- Before you mount your laser levels, ensure sure your tripod is totally stable.
- To guarantee that your laser is held in position and the tripod is correctly balanced, make sure the mounting hardware is fully fastened.
- If you're going to use the tripod indoors, make sure you use non-scratching feet or place it on a non-scratching surface.
- When tripods are extended to their maximum height, they are more likely to tip over. Keep children and pets away from the work area at all times.
Which Brands Make The Best Laser Level Tripod?
Johnson is designed to deliver a broad variety of laser distance sensors, weighing plates, optical calculation instruments, and wireless level and protractors. Like every product we supply, Johnson brand products are designed to offer a high-quality tool that represents the highest quality product available anywhere. Johnson has a reputation for outstanding support, education, and day-to-day efficiency that meets standards of consistency and operation.
Bosch was founded by Robert Bosch in Stuttgart in 1886. Bosch is owned by Robert Bosch Stiftung up to 92%, a charitable institution. Bosch’s core operating areas are speed to four different business sectors: mobility, household appliances, instruments, industrial technology, and energy technology.
DeWalt Industrial Tool Company is an American worldwide manufacturer of power tools and hand tools for the construction, manufacturing, and woodworking industries such as air sanders, orbital sanders,...DeWalt is a registered trademark of Black & Decker Inc., a subsidiary of Stanley Black & Decker.
Above is the best laser level tripods list that is highly recommended. Buying a tripod is essential, so it's just as critical to choose the right model. These are a few variants that experts find to be reliable and accurate.
You should purchase one of them and practice your laser leveling assignments. Such devices allow you to achieve precise tests when combined with a standard projector. Before ordering, print out our list of criteria and choose what fits you best.