Lighting is one of the primary factors to take seriously when setting a layout for any space, especially your living one. If you are in search of the ideal light bulbs to enhance the current lighting system of your home but have yet to discover it, this article is the right place to head to. In the upcoming sections, let's find out about the best light bulbs in a 2022 compilation.
Here are the best light bulbs for home you can buy in 2022:
- Best Overall: LEDVANCE LLC 74765 A19 Pack Of 24 Soft White LED Light Bulbs
- Runner-Up: KOR K20634 Pack Of 6 LED Light Bulbs For Home Use
- Best Budget: Tenergy 59203 Daylight White LED Light Bulbs For Home
- Best For Energy Saving: Brightever ST58 Pack Of 12 Soft Warm White LED Light Bulbs For Home
- Best For Home Use: GE 93099986 Rechargeable Soft White Light LED Light Bulb
- Best Smart Bulbs: Philips 476977 Four-Pack A19 Smart LED Light Bulb Working With Google Assistant And Alexa
|6 Best Light Bulbs For Home|
|LEDVANCE LLC 74765 A19 Pack Of 24 Soft White LED Light Bulbs|
|KOR K20634 Pack Of 6 LED Light Bulbs For Home Use|
|Tenergy 59203 Daylight White LED Light Bulbs For Home|
Best For Energy Saving
|Brightever ST58 Pack Of 12 Soft Warm White LED Light Bulbs For Home|
Best For Home Use
|GE 93099986 Rechargeable Soft White Light LED Light Bulb|
Best Smart Bulbs
|Philips 476977 Four-Pack A19 Smart LED Light Bulb Working With Google Assistant And Alexa|
Best Overall: LEDVANCE LLC 74765 A19 Pack Of 24 Soft White LED Light Bulbs
- Incredible longevity allows prolonged services to shoppers
- Affordable for anyone with less than 2 bucks for one bulb
- Energy consumption is efficient
- Not suitable for reading or working rooms
For the first recommendation, we would like to present to our readers the LEDVANCE 74765 A19 LED light bulbs. They come at an incredibly affordable price with a pack of 24 for under 30 dollars. That is the first plus point for us. This light bulb is of soft white light. The item would be a wonderful suggestion for anyone who is looking for an energy-saving bulb. The lifespan of LED bulbs, in general, is quite long, and this is no exception, which makes it stand tall at the top on our list of the best light bulbs for home.
|LEDVANCE LLC 74765 A19 Pack Of 24 Soft White LED Light Bulbs Specifications|
This should be used in your bedrooms or bathrooms. If you tend to use it for reading areas or workplaces, that would not be the optimum choice.
Runner-Up: KOR K20634 Pack Of 6 LED Light Bulbs For Home Use
- The incredible longevity of the light bulb
- Affordable for 6 bulbs with that durability
- Excellent in energy-saving
- Shipping issues may happen
Here comes the runner-up on the list of the best home light bulbs. The first benefit you can receive when purchasing this item is that it can last up to 13.7 years, provided that you only use the light bulb for 3 hours per day. Although in reality, we use the light bulb with a greater intensity, which can double or triple the figure of 3 hours, it is still an impressive number for us. This bulb is bright white, which is ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
|KOR K20634 Pack Of 6 LED Light Bulbs For Home Use Specifications|
The shipping issues are quite irrelevant to the quality of this product, hence we would only focus on the item and give it 9.5 out of 10.
Best Budget: Tenergy 59203 Daylight White LED Light Bulbs For Home
- Accessible with reasonably priced for everyone
- Daylight color makes it perfect for working and reading
- Wonderful energy-saving feature for your house
- Warranty issues occur for this provider
This is probably our favorite product for its monetary value and the light color. Daylight is perfect for workspaces and reading areas around the house. Therefore if you are about to set up such places in the house, you definitely should take a look at this product from Tenergy.
The energy efficiency is excellent for LED bulbs. In addition, the brightness is adequate too. For such reasons, we think highly of this item. The price can be cheap, but its quality is not.
|Tenergy 59203 Daylight White LED Light Bulbs For Home Specifications|
These LED light bulbs are worth a payment, but the warranty, if there is any technical issue, is not so great for what we have tested.
Best For Energy Saving: Brightever ST58 Pack Of 12 Soft Warm White LED Light Bulbs For Home
- Bright with comfy light color
- Surprisingly efficient for energy
- Great style for a classy vintage vibe
- A bit expensive compared to other LED light bulbs
The fourth suggestion is one of our favorite products for home-use light bulbs. The appearance of this item reminds us of the vintage vibe with glass and metal. What we love more about it is the energy-saving feature. It requires less power than any item reviewed. For the lighting, it is also brighter with the likable soft warm light. For all aspects, we jump to a conclusion that this is doubtlessly a should-have item in your shopping cart.
|Brightever ST58 Pack Of 12 Soft Warm White LED Light Bulbs For Home Specifications|
As mentioned, this would be our go-to if we are in search of an energy-saving light bulb. It can be expensive in the first place but the monetary value is wonderful.
Best For Home Use: GE 93099986 Rechargeable Soft White Light LED Light Bulb
- Rechargeable and enables you to turn the light on even when there is no power input available
- Highly efficient in energy
- Muchly likable light color and brightness
- Quite expensive to purchase this light bulb
The fifth recommendation we have for you would be a bit distinguished from its other competitors. Instead of a direct plug-in, this LED light bulb from GE is a rechargeable one, allowing you to get rid of the concern of the lack of power. The rechargeable feature enables us to let the light bulb on even when the power source is out. For us, it is the biggest selling point. Who does not want a light bulb like that? It is also energy-saving like the Brightever model, although it is a little more modest.
|GE 93099986 Rechargeable Soft White Light LED Light Bulb Specifications|
Best Smart Bulbs: Philips 476977 Four-Pack A19 Smart LED Light Bulb Working With Google Assistant And Alexa
- Massive convenience is added to your daily life
- Excessive longevity compared to others
- Voice control for this light bulb is available
- Pretty expensive to purchase this 4-pack light bulb
There goes our last product on the list of the best light bulbs for home in 2022. The sixth position goes to Philips smart bulbs that enable connection with Google Assistant and Alexa. This would be a great piece of news for tech-lovers.
The outstanding parts of the Philips 476877 model are not only about the smart design but also its longevity of 25,000 hours, which impresses us. It also has a cozy light color, being ideal for living rooms or bedrooms usage. What's more, you can apply hand-free control through voice.
|Philips 476977 Four-Pack A19 Smart LED Light Bulb Working With Google Assistant And Alexa Specifications|
If you are a technology lover and live in a smart house, there could be no reason for you not to purchase these smart bulbs.
How To Choose The Best Light Bulb For Home?
If the six products we reviewed in the last sections have yet to satisfy you, we would now provide you with a set of standards for you to choose your most suitable item. The criteria are not too long or complicated. All you have to do is pay close attention to the figures and types of each light bulb.
Types Of Light Bulbs
The first element you should be considering is the light bulb type. There will be several kinds of light bulbs as below:
- LED: LED is the most popular type of light bulb these days. They are the most expensive to purchase in the first place. However, the case of LEDs is that they last for much longer and the energy consumption levels are of the lowest. That's why they would be more valuable for the money in the long run.
- Incandescent: Incandescent is more fragile than LED light bulbs. They also have a higher rate of energy consumption because they tend to give out more heat as they operate. Also, incandescent bulbs are not the best option for your eyes because the UV light they produce can cause great harm to our eyes after a prolonged period of usage.
- Fluorescent: Fluorescent bulbs are not bad choices at all. In fact, they are getting more popular for shoppers nowadays as there has been innovation going on for fluorescent light bulbs. Fluorescent bulbs vary in inputs and sizes. The light they give out is not favored by many people though. However, the energy-saving feature of this type is an added benefit, compared to incandescent bulbs.
- Halogen: Halogen bulbs for us are not making the most ideal choices provided that we are in search of a long lifespan and energy-saving light bulb. Its color is probably the most massive advantage. But for the energy consumption and longevity, we would likely take it on the waitlist.
- Xenon: Xenon or HID (High-Intensity Discharge) light bulbs are the brightness out of the 5 types mentioned. Xenon bulbs were once compared with LED. for the brightness level, Xenon took the lead, but for the energy rate, LED won back. Xenon is more fragile than LED, although it is not as fragile as Incandescent.
Brightness is the measured through lumens. The more lumens one light bulb can produce, the brighter it would become when in use. The case is vice versa. In this situation, there is one more factor which is the energy consumption rate. However, it is not always the case of "the more energy the brighter". Sometimes, an energy-efficient light bulb is much brighter than that of the opposite. One more element contributing to it is that there has been lighting technology innovation in the industry.
Light color is divided into four major milestones: soft white, warm white, bright white, and daylight. The order is from low to high. The unit applied as a measurement of the light color is the Kevin (temperature scale). Soft white is often from 2700K to 3000K or lower. With this light color, it is perfect for bedrooms or dark wooden room highlights.
The next group is the warm light, which stands somewhere between 3000K and 4000K, being ideal for the kitchen. Bright white would go a bit higher than that, from 4000K to 5000K. This rate is compatible with bathrooms or living rooms. The final one is the daylight, reaching 5000K or 6500K. Light bulbs of this light color are suitable for reading areas and workspaces.
Energy Consumption Level
For energy consumption levels, LED light bulbs stand in the first position, compared to all other types. You can also purchase Fluorescent bulbs, which are quite the same in terms of this aspect. The three other types would be more consuming regarding energy levels.
Which Brands Make The Best Light Bulb For Home?
Driven by purpose
At Philips, our purpose is to improve people’s health and well-being through meaningful innovation. We aim to improve 2.5 billion lives per year by 2030, including 400 million in underserved communities.
As a technology company, we – and our brand licensees – innovate for people with one consistent belief: there’s always a way to make life better.
We consider people’s entire health journey
At Philips, we see healthcare as a connected whole. Helping people to live healthily and prevent disease. Giving clinicians the tools they need to make a precision diagnosis and deliver personalized treatment. Aiding the patient's recovery at home in the community. All are supported by a seamless flow of data.
Hopefully, the article above has provided you with helpful information in terms of references for the most potential home light bulbs. As you choose bulbs for home use, make sure they are efficient in energy and brightness. Other factors to consider have been listed, including the bulb types and light color.