Flashlights are one of the must-have items in our daily life, at home and in the workplace. We might have witnessed the flashlights with dim aura and short battery life. Nonetheless, like any other device, flashlights have been innovated and updated each day for more outstanding functions. In this article, we will inform you of detailed reviews on 6 flashlights from best overall to best compact design. We hope our article can help you pick an ideal item for your home use.
Here are the best flashlights for home use you can buy in 2022:
- Ultra Bright: Olight Baton Pro High-performance Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- Best Overall: Thrunite 2A 3V LED Flashlight For Everyday Use
- Runner-up: Anker T1423 Bolder LC 40 Rechargeable Flashlight For Home Use, Camping, and Emergency
- Best Budget: Energizer E301380900 Tactical LED Waterproof Flashlight
- Best for Lightweight: Fenix E12V2 EDC Flashlight
- Best Design: Foxdott KC07 Headlamp Flashlight
|6 Best Flashlights For Home Use|
|Olight Baton Pro High-performance Rechargeable LED Flashlight|
|Thrunite 2A 3V LED Flashlight For Everyday Use|
|Anker T1423 Bolder LC 40 Rechargeable Flashlight For Home Use, Camping, and Emergency|
|Energizer E301380900 Tactical LED Waterproof Flashlight|
Best for Lightweight
|Fenix E12V2 EDC Flashlight|
|Foxdott KC07 Headlamp Flashlight|
Ultra Bright: Olight Baton Pro High-performance Rechargeable LED Flashlight
- Incredible brightness performance of 2000 lumens
- A locker is available to prevent accidental turn on for energy saving
- Rechargeable and lifelong battery
Olight Baton is the first name on the list of the top 6 best flashlights for home use. The Olight Baton LED flashlight caught our attention for its superior brightness performance over others, which is 2000 lumens. The LED light feature helps the product to be energy-efficient. The item is rechargeable. When purchasing this Olight Baton Pro model, you will get a 3500mAh 18650 battery. The maximum distance this product can provide you is 132 meters.
|Olight Baton Pro High-performance Rechargeable LED Flashlight Specifications|
4.21 x 0.91 x 0.94 inches
The Olight Baton flashlight is perfect for indoor and outdoor use. Shoppers can specifically use the item on camping and emergency for its superior brightness performance.
Visit Official Olightstore for Black Friday Deal on Flashlights
Best Overall: Thrunite 2A 3V LED Flashlight For Everyday Use
- It has a compact design, suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- High performance of brightness - capable of 93-meter vision
- Modern waterproof technology of IPX8
- It is easy to use and replace the battery
- The level of 500 lumens is not long-lasting according to some shoppers
The Thrunite 2A 3V LED flashlight is our first recommendation on the list as the best overall. It adapts the two standards of energy-effectiveness and affordability. The Thrunite 2A 3V flashlight provides you with a 93-meter vision in the dark. It is perfect for daily use, emergency, and outdoor use. The maximum runtime of this product is 15 days on the low mode. For the lighting levels, the Thrunite 2A 3V flashlight has 5 levels: Firefly, low, medium, high, and strobe for emergencies. The waterproof technology IPX8 allows two meters of water immersion.
|Thrunite 2A 3V LED Flashlight For Everyday Use Specifications|
6.85 x 1.73 x 1.34 inches
In general, the Thrunite 2A 3V flashlight is highly recommended in numerous aspects, including quality and price. However, for those who are in search of items that can remain the highest levels of brightness, this product is probably not for you.
Runner-up: Anker T1423 Bolder LC 40 Rechargeable Flashlight For Home Use, Camping, and Emergency
- The item is waterproof - usable both indoors and outdoors
- It is capable of high performance of lighting
- It has an incredible lifespan
- The flashlight is user-friendly - easy to use and charge
- The lithium-ion battery is irreplaceable
Anker LC 40 Bolder flashlight comes second on our list due to its impressive performance and monetary value. This item is sold for less than 30 dollars but can run for hours in different modes - high, medium, and low. What makes the product outstanding from other competitors are its rechargeability and long lifespan of 50000 hours on a high level of brightness. Besides, the flashlight comes with waterproof technology IPX5. Therefore, it is not only ideal for home but also outdoor use, including camping and emergency.
|Anker T1423 Bolder LC 40 Rechargeable Flashlight For Home Use, Camping, and Emergency Specifications|
5.04 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches
Overall, the Anker T1423 Bolder LC 40 is suitable for households with impressive lifespan and performance. What we consider as a drawback of this item is its battery, which is not replaceable.
Best Budget: Energizer E301380900 Tactical LED Waterproof Flashlight
- One of the most affordable products in the flashlight section
- Great value for money - favored by many shoppers
- It is waterproof and can stand heavy rain - great for outdoor use
- It has an average level of brightness compared to other products in this section
Energizer E301380900 Tactical LED flashlight is one of the most affordable products in this section we can find so far. The flashlight is sold for less than 10 dollars on E-commerce websites. However, many consumers consider the Energizer flashlight a great value for money. Though promoted at such a low price, it is capable of a 300-lumen brightness level with 3 modes: high, low, and emergency strobe. The maximum runtime is 35 hours on the low mode. It features the IPX4 technology and FL1 standard for heavy rain.
|Energizer E301380900 Tactical LED Waterproof Flashlight Specifications|
7.4 x 4.25 x 1.3 inches
123 Lithium battery
For anyone who is looking for a cheap but effective flashlight can take the Energizer item as a reference. Though it does not cost you much, the quality is beyond expectation.
Best for Lightweight: Fenix E12V2 EDC Flashlight
- One of the most lightweight items in this section
- Affordable price with high efficiency of brightness
- The IP68 technology is applied to protect your flashlight against solids and immersion
- Brightness level and runtime is not as sufficient as the mentioned items above
We have come near to the end of the review section. For the fifth candidate, we introduce to you the Fenix E12V2 EDC flashlight. We believe this is one of the most lightweight items in the flashlight section since it weighs 0.96 ounces. This product is efficient in brightness performance when providing users with a vision of 74 yards. This device also features the waterproof technology IP68.
|Fenix E12V2 EDC Flashlight Specifications|
3.06 x 0.75 x 0.69 inches
The Fenix product will be perfect for those looking for an indoor use flashlight. You can use this item outdoors, but we don't recommend this in emergencies.
Best Design: Foxdott KC07 Headlamp Flashlight
- Superior lifespan which makes you barely need to recharge it
- Hand-free control
- 8 LED bulbs provide an outstanding brightness performance
- Its battery is not replaceable
The last suggestion on our list today is the Foxdott KC07 Headlamp flashlight. The main reason this item got into the list is probably its design. It is perfect for indoor use, especially in emergencies. This can also apply when you go camping or cycling. Its design offers you the flexibility that most other candidates cannot. For its performance, it provides you with 4 modes: high, low, red light, and SOS strobe.
|Foxdott KC07 Headlamp Flashlight Specifications|
4.92 x 3.9 x 3.5 inches
8 LED bulbs
Foxdott flashlight, in general, is a cool product to purchase not just because of its design. Hand-free control will be a great support when in emergencies for households
How To Choose The Best Flashlight For Home Use?
In this section, we will give you some information on how to evaluate a flashlight. There are three aspects concerned by many shoppers: the lumens, waterproof technology, and product lifespan. For each aspect, here is our explanation.
- Lumens: to assess the brightness performances of flashlights, you don't rely on lumens only. Numerous factors affect one flashlight's performance, including runtime. The lumens informed by the manufacturers play a part. They are not exclusively responsible for the performances. A flashlight in its best performance is the first period when it is turned on. The lumens can vary during the usage time.
- Waterproof technology: the waterproof technology is measured through the figures such as IPX8 or IP68. The IP term stands for Ingress Protection. The digits coming after IP represents the protection against two elements: solids and water. For instance, if the manufacturer's information of the IP rate is IPX8, it means your flashlight is not protected against solids but can withstand immersion of more than one meter for longer than 30 minutes. 8 is the highest level of both figures.
- Product lifespan: this will rely mostly on the battery type. The lithium-ion battery is not favorable among consumers as it cannot be replaced. While the AA battery is available in many stores across the country. Therefore, when choosing a flashlight, you should consider the AA battery instead of the lithium-ion one.
The last factor you need to inform is the type of flashlight. Here are the types you should consider in the marketplace, including:
- Incandescent bulb flashlights: this is the traditional type of flashlight. Its quality and durability adapts to the market's demands. There are many models and providers you can search for. It is easy to purchase and varies in shapes and colors. When in need of a flashlight, you may want to take a glance at incandescent bulb ones.
- LED flashlights: LED flashlights have appeared in recent years. They are claimed to become more energy-efficient. For other aspects, LED flashlights are quite similar to the incandescent bulb ones. A plus point of LED flashlights is that they can give you different light colors.
- High intensity discharging flashlights: The third one is the high intensity discharging flashlights. They will cost you a lot more than the incandescent bulb and LED flashlights. Hence, this type is much less common than the two aforementioned.
- Solar powered flashlights: Solar powered flashlights are suitable for those looking for a cost-effective and environmentally friendly item. However, the product does not perform well, especially when not charged fully.
- Headlamp flashlights: Headlamp flashlights are perfect for outdoor activities. For instance, if you go camping or cycling, you will need this item since the free-hand control is great support for your journey.
- Lanterns: This kind does not produce intensive light. It is okay to use when you want to light up an area. However, if you wish for more focusing light, we suggest you use another product type.
- Shake flashlights: shake flashlights are convenient to use and carry around. They are not effective in terms of lighting. This type is also quite unique because no battery is required.
- USB charge flashlights: the last type on the list is the USB charge flashlights. The USB charge appears quite a lot in the modern era, and they are favored by numerous shoppers for their convenience.
Which Brands Make The Best Flashlight For Home Use?
We have one simple goal: to put an Olight in as many people’s hands as possible.
Why? Because we believe no one should be left in the dark — period. We believe in providing quality illumination products to everyone. We care about every little detail from brightness to runtime to ergonomics, size and weight — and more importantly, how we can improve your lives with light. We want to push our products to the limit so that we can give you the best lights in the smallest package possible for the best price, so you have the right tools to conquer the night.
We are a global technology-driven lighting company filled with dedicated people who want to provide the best for our customers. We are Outdoors-men, Sportsmen, Veterans, and DIY go-getters — we are you. We use our own products every day to make sure we practice what we preach; it keeps us honest. We want to give you quality design and functionality that really works when you need it to. We are just a group of people looking to change the world one light at a time. And we want you to be a part of it.
Homeusetool have gone through detailed reviews, buying guidance, and brands you can trust. It is best to purchase an AA battery with a brightness performance of 90 meters or above. It will allow you to use both indoors and outdoors. You can also check the hand-free option as aforementioned. We hope this article is useful to you when picking a suitable flashlight.