You are planning to change your hairstyle and want beautiful curly hair but are afraid of damage and dry hair after doing it. So mousse for dry curly hair is the right choice if you want to change.
Mousse is known to be a versatile styling product because they are not heavy, usually people with thin and heavy hair will be suitable when applying it to wet hair to add more curl and waves to the hair.
In general, to create curls for hair, some people use blow dryers and thick curls, but still some people like to apply a mousse under the gel on wet hair to help create a loser hairstyle.
At the same time, the mouse is also a great choice to increase frizz and prevent frizz in hair for many days without adding too many extra hair products. Below is a list of mousse products for dry curly hair and some essential information.
Here are the best mousses for dry curly hair you can buy in 2022:
- Best Overall: Mielle Organics 30703 Babassu Brazilian & Dry & Curly Hair Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Runner Up: SheaMoisture 29879 Extra Moisturizing Detangler & Shea Butter Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Best Budget: Maui Moisture 4067728 Flexible Hold & No Drying Alcohols Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Best Durable: Thank God It's Natural Defining Mousse Low Porosity Hair & Fine hairMousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Best Convenient: SheaMoisture 1714 Tea Tree and Borage Seed Oil & Paraben-free Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- High Quality: John Frieda 20880 Defining Frizz Control & Styling Foam Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
|6 Best Mousses For Dry Curly Hair|
|Mielle Organics 30703 Babassu Brazilian & Dry & Curly Hair Mousse For Dry Curly Hair|
|SheaMoisture 29879 Extra Moisturizing Detangler & Shea Butter Mousse For Dry Curly Hair|
|Maui Moisture 4067728 Flexible Hold & No Drying Alcohols Mousse For Dry Curly Hair|
|Thank God It's Natural Defining Mousse Low Porosity Hair & Fine hairMousse For Dry Curly Hair|
|SheaMoisture 1714 Tea Tree and Borage Seed Oil & Paraben-free Mousse For Dry Curly Hair|
|John Frieda 20880 Defining Frizz Control & Styling Foam Mousse For Dry Curly Hair|
Best Overall: Mielle Organics 30703 Babassu Brazilian & Dry & Curly Hair Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Organic ingredients
- All hair types
- Lightweight mousse
- Does not for those who are sensitive to protein
Mielle Organics 30703 Babassu Brazilian & Dry & Curly Hair Mousse For Dry Curly Hair as a conditioner for dry and frizzy hair, it delivers healthy curls and frizz-free curls. Besides, this product blends organic ingredients like babassu oil, buriti buriti, muru muru and copaiba oil for long-lasting moisture, helping to lock in moisture to curls, which creates the most definition.
You should condition your natural hair from natural hair types 3A to 4C, and the product also provides suitable hair types for both low and high porosity. In addition to mousse, the manufacturer also takes care of quality natural hair such as oil, shampoo, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, etc. Helps nourish hair through all three growth phases.
|Mielle Organics 30703 Babassu Brazilian & Dry & Curly Hair Mousse For Dry Curly Hair Specifications|
7.75 x 2 x 2 inches
Dry and curly hair types
The ingredients made of organic totally and can be used all hair types
Runner Up: SheaMoisture 29879 Extra Moisturizing Detangler & Shea Butter Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Natural ingredients
- For kids hair
- Nice scent
- Does not nice design of product
SheaMoisture 29879 Extra Moisturizing Detangler & Shea Butter Mousse For Dry Curly Hair is the mousse which needs to invest in now as it's blended with fair trade shea butter, which helps keep hair frizz-free and softer. Besides, it's blended with slippery elm extract, coconut oil, hibiscus flower, specially the product has the ability to deodorize and increase softness to the touch, moisturizing and helping to define curls.
In addition, it also adds moisture to the hair and moisturizes from the roots to the tips. You can also use it on children's hair when wet or dry to transform wavy curly hair.
Notably, the product is formulated with no silicones, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oils or petrolatum.
|SheaMoisture 29879 Extra Moisturizing Detangler & Shea Butter Mousse For Dry Curly Hair Specifications|
1.85 x 1.85 x 8 inches
Shea butter, Coconut & Hibiscus
It keeps hair frizz-free and soft as silk, can apply kids hair, formulated with no silicone.
Best Budget: Maui Moisture 4067728 Flexible Hold & No Drying Alcohols Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Easy to style
- Good smell
- Avoid contact with eyes
Maui Moisture 4067728 Flexible Hold & No Drying Alcohol Mousse For Dry Curly Hair is moisturized and creates volume yet retains curls with an airy foam styling mousse. Besides, this mousse is soft and wrinkle free so it defines and holds, adds volume and curls curls.
The product with the formula of 100% Aloe Vera wedge will create an airy feeling and soothe tight curls after use. Thanks to the penetration of coconut milk and mango butter, it gives the hair much needed moisture without weighing it down. Simply lather into your hands and apply evenly to damp hair. Curl your curls and let dry.
|Maui Moisture 4067728 Flexible Hold & No Drying Alcohols Mousse For Dry Curly Hair Specifications|
1.89 x 1.89 x 8.88 inches
It feel lightweight after applying and easy to style
Best Durable: Thank God It's Natural Defining Mousse Low Porosity Hair & Fine hairMousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Light weight after applying
- High humidity
- Never colored
- High porosity
- High price
- Bad smell for beginners
Thank God It's Natural Defining Mousse Low Porosity Hair & Fine hairMousse For Dry Curly Hair has formulated with rose water and acai berries that will help keep the curls light, not frizzy when creating curls, but also noticeably soft. At the same time, it reduces hair loss, frizz, and properly controls frizz.
So it's a must for anyone looking for lightweight moisture that helps define creases, curls and waves. Very suitable for hair with low porosity.
Because rose water is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A, C, D, E, and B3 will calm frizz, reduce greasy, and promote hair growth.
Notably, the product does not contain sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, lanolin, artificial colors or animal testing.
|Thank God It's Natural Defining Mousse Low Porosity Hair & Fine hairMousse For Dry Curly Hair Specifications|
1.89 x 1.89 x 8.65 inches
Wavy, Curly, Thin
It is formulated with rose water and acai berries that provides a lightweight, reduces hair loss, controls frizz
Best Convenient: SheaMoisture 1714 Tea Tree and Borage Seed Oil & Paraben-free Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Nice scent
- Easy to use
- Smell does not maintain last long on hair
SheaMoisture 1714 Tea Tree and Borage Seed Oil & Paraben-free Mousse For Dry Curly Hair is a product not only for curly hair but also for straight hair. It has the ability to add volume to curls using a paraben-free styling mousse.
Specially formulated with natural hair mousse and curl booster enriched with Tea Tree Oil, Seed Oil and Aloe Vera. Simply pump the mousse into your hand and apply it to dry, straight or braided hair to control volume or help shape edges.
|SheaMoisture 1714 Tea Tree and Borage Seed Oil & Paraben-free Mousse For Dry Curly Hair Specifications|
1.95 x 1.95 x 7.83 inches
7.5 Fluid Ounces
It soft flexible hold and using paraben-free styling mousse
High Quality: John Frieda 20880 Defining Frizz Control & Styling Foam Mousse For Dry Curly Hair
- Natural wave
- Easy to use
- Keep the hair last long
- Instead of scrunching the hair by hands that can use a towel or T Shirt better curls
John Frieda 20880 Defining Frizz Control & Styling Foam Mousse For Dry Curly Hair can create a light dry hair style, enhance natural curls and waves without fear of stickiness or stiff ends, and it also helps to create softness and a flexible protective layer around each curl, and are kept intact as they dry in the air.
The lightweight styling foams also provide silky texture and define natural shape, which results in voluminous shape and waves. What's more, they are designed for all levels of frizz and are safe for color-treated hair.
|John Frieda 20880 Defining Frizz Control & Styling Foam Mousse For Dry Curly Hair Specifications|
1.88 x 1.88 x 7 inches
Wavy, Color Treated, Curly
Nonylphenol Ethoxylate Free
5 Fluid Ounces
Foam provides lightweight a smooth texture and waves without stickiness, a smooth texture
How To Choose The Best Mousse For Dry Curly Hair?
How to use a mousse for the curly hair
If you have wavy curly hair, using mousse is the perfect choice.
But there are still some people who use gels, for curly-haired girls the gel is often too heavy. To be more effective, then after shampooing and using a deep conditioner. You continue to rinse, then use mousse to style your hair.
You should also part your hair by joining your hands and starting to rub it. Simply stand up straight, toss your hair back to normal in the process, and let it air dry. When you're done with the steps and let your hair dry, put it in a cast and style.
Repeat the curling part again, as this creates soft curls with lots of strokes.
- Gel mousse: You should use it when your hair is wet, you should first apply the mousse, then apply the gel and repeat the mousse again. Next, you can rub your hair with a cotton t-shirt or microfiber towel, let it dry (machine or natural).
- Mousse as a refresher: You can use mousse to refresh curls a few days after you wash them. You should first moisten your hair a little with a spray bottle of water and apply the mousse by clasping your hands in prayer. Gently rub and let dry in the air, once dry put your hair in a bun.
- CG-PROOF MOUSSE: There are many types of mousse on the market, each for different hair types and characteristics. Therefore, it is very important for you to learn about the characteristics of your hair such as frizz and hair type, porosity and elasticity.
- CG mousse with protein: If your hair has a protein deficiency or is over-hydrated, this should focus on adding protein to the hair and less on hydration.
- CG mousse without protein: If your hair is dry and lackluster, it may indicate a protein overload or lack of hydration. So you have to use CG mousse without protein.
Types of hair mousse
- Volumizing hair mousse:A volumizing mousse to give your hair the volume it needs, this controls frizz and holds the hold very firmly. This one's for thin hair for a fuller look.
- Humidity control hair mousse: When the hair becomes frizzy and loose in hot and humid weather. This will affect the frizzy hair and lose the overall look of the hairstyle. What's more, almost all curly hair brings problems like dandruff, oily scalp and breakage. Using a moisture control mousse will control frizz on a wet day.
- Sculpting Foam based on hair mousse: The mousse allows to add moisture and shine to the hair as it dries. After use, it will create a static and smooth hairstyle.
- Thickening mousse: This light mousse is very effective on thinning hair and the substances will penetrate inside the micro-pores of the hair fiber for a thicker effect. In particular, they can withstand a very long time.
How to use mousse based on hair type
- Curly hair/: If you have curly hair, using a hair mousse can help add volume and definition to the curls. Apply a suitable amount of mousse to damp hair and start using a diffuser or let hair air dry. You should apply at the root of your hair to increase volume in your hair shaft.
- For fine hair: If you have thin or fine hair, use a mousse after shampooing before styling to add volume. This is great for styling fine hair and also gives extra texture to hold your hair in place.
- Straight hair: If it is straight hair, do not focus too much on adding volume, but create a voluminous hairstyle. Use doll mousse to add texture and help give structure to your hairstyle.
- Thick hair: If you have thick or coarse hair, limit heavy styling. Instead, simply apply a few pumps of glue to wet hair to help hold it in place.
Which Brands Make The Best Mousse For Dry Curly Hair?
SheaMoisture is the legacy of Sofi Tucker, a pioneering mother of four and entrepreneur, who sold Shea Butter, African Black Soap and homemade beauty preparations in Sierra Leone in 1912. We honor her vision by continuing to formulate with Shea Butter handcrafted by women in Africa. With every purchase you show support of our mission to reinvest back in our communities.
Thank God It's Natural
When Thank God It’s Natural CEO, Chris-Tia Donaldson, graduated from Harvard Law School and started her first job at a law firm, she faced a dilemma: How was she going to wear her hair?
In an effort to look professional, she began wearing wigs to camouflage her kinky tresses. Frustrated by the lack of products for textured hair, she created Thank God It’s Natural (tgin), because she wanted to use products that made her feel confident about her curls and that were also made with ingredients that she felt comfortable using on her body.
Chris-Tia Donaldson, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Thank God It’s Natural (tgin), a manufacturer of natural hair and skin care products, currently sold in Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, Sally’s Beauty, and Walgreens.
Choosing a mousse for dry curly hair is an optimal solution to help you have bouncy hair but still retain absolute moisture. However, you should also consider factors such as what hair type is the mousse suitable for? What is your hairstyle? How to use mousse properly?
Over the above we have shared and selected a list of mousse for dry curly hair so you can freely choose. Don't forget to follow and shop at our page.